1. The Internet’s unstable? Didn’t a lot of companies
go bust recently because of it?
(After the bad press the e-commerce and the internet industry have attracted
in the last couple of years, it’s no wonder that people seem worried).
What worries have been created?
- People see it as a possibly disastrous cost to there business.
- The companies that crashed and burned were usually using the internet as their sole trading tool, and were started as net businesses.
- The reality is that the actual cost of running a Web site is far less than they think.
- They benefit from the fact that not only is it important for a company’s credibility; it is a cheap form of advertising.
- These days a family consists more and more of a working couple, where both
partners have a full time job. With little time to shop around they are researching
products and services on the net, not only that, but more and more they buying
through the net as well.
- Victorian Gavin Hurley, who owns Pro-Angler Fishing Direct, pocketed an extra
net $52,844 in 2001 by going online, after taking into account establishment
costs and ongoing costs.
- Although the financial gain to your business probably won’t be as substantial
as this, the potential to expand your current customer bases is unlimited,
and as more and more people get access to the Internet and become confident
Web users, the potential to expand customer-bases will increase proportionally.
2. a. How will a Web site help me?
It is affordable advertising; the Web can help broaden your customer base at
a relatively low cost, informing people about your company, and products, promoting
your business and extending your client base.
A Web site provides some unique promotional potential because: a great deal
more information can be provided on a Web site than on a brochure. It can contain
text, images, animations, diagrams, illustrations, maps, video and sound, all
of which can be manipulated, edited, copied, stored and audited at any time.
It is capable of being accessed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, or whenever
users are interested in “visiting” it.
2. b. How will I see the benefits you’re telling me
It makes it possible to get e-mails from any interested and potential customers.
2. c. How quickly will they happen?
This is hard to quantify, some business will only receive a few emails form
potential customers, increasing their revenue marginally, and others will
be surprised as to how many new clients they reach. One thing is certain,
as more and more people get access to the Internet and become confident Web
users, the potential to expand customer-bases will increase proportionally.
You know the saying never try, never know? And as the cost of trying it out
is so little, the risk to your business is negligible, why not give it a go,
you can only benefit.
Questions specific to SiteSeven:
1. What makes SiteSeven perfect for me as a small business?
SiteSeven offers the small business an affordable option to run and maintain
a Web site, with the advantages of partnering with a firm that has the experience
to provide a professionals package that suits your needs.
2. Who are SiteSeven and how can I trust them?
SiteSeven is a package small business to help them start and maintain a productive
internet presence. SiteSeven is a product of WebResource , whom in the past
have worked for; Brisbane City Council, Brisbane Bullets, Trade Link, Golden
Circle, Carlton Crest Hotels, among many others, and as a company have been
facilitating businesses in this way since 1992.
3. Will I be able to update and change my site easily?
Yes the software that comes with SiteSeven will give you a fully self administrative
Web site, with a Microsoft Word style editor, which will be easy for you to
4. What if I don’t understand?
If you are having problems using our online help systems, please give our technical
support centre, or your project manager a call, they will be only too pleased
to point you in the right direction.